Be a Part of the Ministry Staff or Church Pastors
The Chinese Baptist Church of Central Orange County is a multi-language (Mandarin - 27%, Cantonese - 46%, and English & Youth – 27%) family oriented church located in Irvine, CA. To see how God has been working in our church, please visit www.cbccoc.org. As God is blessing us with dynamic growth, we are currently seeking a Mandarin Assistant Pastor (reporting to the Senior Pastor) to provide leadership and shepherding to our Mandarin speaking congregation. If you sense God’s calling to serve Him in this capacity, please submit your resume and testimony in both English and Chinese to email@example.com.
The Mandarin Assistant Pastor will provide pastoral leadership to develop and shepherd a comprehensive ministry for our Mandarin-speaking congregation that will train up disciples of Christ, integrate all the ministry programs into the overall Church body.
The Mandarin Assistant Pastor is responsible to the Senior Pastor, who will supervise, evaluate and provide a report of the evaluation to the Personnel Committee and the Deacon Body. The Mandarin Assistant Pastor will also work with the entire pastoral staff to align the Mandarin Ministry with all the other ministries of the church, and, in all church matters, to represent the interests of the Mandarin-speaking brothers and sisters.
A. Shall be a Biblically-based, spirit-filled Christian, ascribing to the vision and values of the Chinese Baptist Church of Central Orange County. The theological position is consistent with the doctrinal statement of CBCCOC and “The Baptist Faith and Message” of the Southern Baptist Convention.
B. Shall have completed seminary training with a Master of Divinity Degree (M. Div.) at an accredited seminary.
C. Shall have at least three years of experience working full-time in a ministerial role at a church in North America.
D. Shall maintain healthy family relationships. If married, spouse and/or children are supportive of the pastor’s ministry.
E. Shall be able to work within a multi-language, multi-cultural, and multi-congregational environment. Experience with and understanding of Chinese culture is required. Is able to give counsel or to direct to others more qualified to provide counsel.
F. Must be proficient in Mandarin and English, both written and oral.
G. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
H. Must be legally able to work and reside in the USA.
Nurture the Mandarin Adults (18 years and older) through regular preaching and teaching God’s word. Directly administer or by delegated oversight, equip and assist Mandarin Ministry volunteers in developing, planning, conducting, organizing, evolving, and evaluating the following areas of ministries at CBCCOC including (but not limited to):
Adult Worship (Preaching)
Adult Sunday School (Teaching)
Adult Tuesday Bible Study ( Teaching )
Adult Fellowships (Peace, Joy, Peace-Joy, Patience, Seeds, and Morning Light Fellowships)
Outreach and Evangelism
1. Assist brothers and sisters to develop a personal relationship with Jesus, leading to spiritual maturity (Ephesians 4:11-13).
2. Teach the whole counsel of God so that our people will develop a solid Biblical foundation and worldview, with the goal of firmly grounding them in the truth so that they will live to glorify the Lord. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
3. Develop a strategy to assist our people in living their lives aligned with the four steps of our CBCCOC Discipleship Process, i.e. Connect/Grow/Serve/ Go.
4. Assist our people to discover their gifting and place within the Church, and give opportunities for them to practice and begin to discover their calling to serve within the larger church body.
5. Be a visible support to our people whenever possible and also to support them in prayer.
6. Form lasting appropriate relationships with brothers and sisters.
7. Work closely with and care for the Core Team members so that their joy of serving would increase.
8. Visit with families and friends from the Mandarin Congregation, especially in times of crisis, evangelistic opportunities, or to follow up with new visitors. Provide pastoral care to designated individuals and families (Deacon Family and Pastoral Caring List).
1. Ministry Vision/Strategy:
Develop and implement ministry vision and strategy. Work with the Senior Pastor to set vision and goals for the Mandarin Ministry, which would be in alignment with the church’s vision, values, and goals.
Work with Sunday School Director and Fellowship Leaders to obtain, develop, or review all curricula used in Mandarin Ministry, particularly in the areas of Bible teaching, worship, discipleship, service, fellowship, and personal evangelism.
3. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Supervise Mandarin Ministry staff members assigned by the Sr. Pastor
Recruit, train, coordinate, oversee and lead the Core Team and workers in Mandarin Ministry. Consult with the Senior Pastor to build up the workers and to resolve any conflicts.
Represent Mandarin Ministry at weekly pastoral staff meetings, weekly prayer meetings, monthly business meetings, Church Council, Church Board, and Fellowship Leaders meetings. Meet with the Senior Pastor weekly to consult, inform and discuss any ministry-related issues.
By participating in the church’s budget planning process, prepare and manage the Mandarin Ministry budget for current and upcoming years (the budget includes expenses for the Mandarin Ministry programs).
7. Office Hours
Devote a minimum of 16 hours in the church office.
8. Personal Growth
Continue to grow and develop with a teachable spirit through attending conferences, seminars, classes, or through personal study. Keep abreast of ministry trends and resources in order to serve as an advisor to the Mandarin Congregation.
The Minister of Music/Worship will provide pastoral leadership to develop, cultivate and enhance the philosophy of Ministry of Chinese Baptist Church of Central Orange County (CBCCOC) with the strategy of “Connect, Growth, Serve and Go” through a comprehensive Music and Worship Ministries.If you sense God’s calling to serve Him in this capacity, please submit a resume and contact information to the Personnel Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Minister of Music/Worship directly reports to the Senior Pastor, who will supervise, evaluate and provide a report of the evaluation to the Deacon Body and the Personnel Committee. The Minister of Music/Worship works with the entire pastoral staff to align the Music and Worship ministries with all other ministries and missions of CBCCOC, and in all Church matters, to represent the interest of the worship services and music programs.
A. Shall be a Biblically-based, spirit-filled Christian, ascribing to the vision and values of CBCCOC. The theological position is consistent with the doctrinal statement of CBCCOC and “The Baptist Faith and Message” of the Southern Baptist Convention.
B. Shall have completed training with at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Music, plus at least three years experience in music ministry.
C. A proven record of faithful service in ministry and successful development of a music ministry in leading a multicultural choir and worship teams in diverse styles of praise and worship.
D. Proven recognized knowledge in music theory and ability to teach/train others.
E. Shall have at least three years of experience working as a music leader and choir conductor in a ministerial role or as a layperson at a church in North America.
F. Shall maintain healthy family relationships. If married, spouse and/or children are supportive of the pastor’s ministry.
G. Shall be able to work within a multi-language, multi-cultural, and multi-congregational environment. Experience with and understanding Chinese culture is required. Is able to provide pastoral counseling to the music team members or to direct them to other more qualified counselors.
H. Must be proficient in English and Chinese, both written and oral (Cantonese and/or Mandarin).
I. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
J. Must be legally able to work and reside in the USA.
Directly or by delegated oversight, equip and assist Music Ministry volunteers in developing, planning, conducting, evolving, and evaluating the following Music Ministries at CBCCOC including (but not limited to):
Bilingual Worship: To organize the worship service order, to lead (or arrange for another person to lead) congregational singing, to appoint musicians, and to organize and develop worship teams.
Agape Christian Worship (ACW)/Mandarin Worship Service (MWS): To appoint and oversee worship leaders.
Choirs: Lead and direct the Regular Choir and Christmas Choir(s).
Other Musical Presentations/Formats: Coordinate musical activities, including choirs, ensembles, worship teams, solo presentations, and pianist/organist schedules for all Worship Services as needed.
Music Committee: Oversee the Church Music Committee
Music Supply: Oversee maintenance of the music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other equipment used in the Music Ministry.
Music Ministry Special Events: Conduct or organize Theory/Vocal training sessions, and music seminars.
Music Ministry Special Programs: Plan and organize the Annual “Christmas Program Celebration”, “Jubilation”
program, Good Friday Service music, Baptismal Service music and etc.
1. Ministry Vision/Strategy: Develop and implement Ministry vision and strategy. Work with the Senior Pastor to set Music Ministry’s vision and goals, in alignment with CBCCOC’s vision, values, and goals.
2. Curriculum: Obtain, develop, or review all curricula used in the Music Ministry.
A. Provide insight on Sunday Worship Services to ensure proper order and flow of worship services.
B. Provide musical variety to reflect the diverse backgrounds of the congregation and the local community.
3. Staffing: Recruit, train, coordinate, and oversee the leadership team and workers in the Music Ministry. Oversee the ACW and the MWS worship leaders and music coordinators.
4. Meetings: Represent the Music Ministry and the music teams at weekly pastoral staff meetings, weekly prayer meetings, monthly Business Meetings, and the Church Council.
5. Pastoral Care: Visit the music team and choir members and their families, especially in times of crises, evangelistic opportunities, or to follow up with new individuals interested in participating in the Music Ministry. Provides pastoral care to designated individuals and families.
6. Budget: By participating in the Church’s budget planning process, prepare and manage the Music Ministry budget for current and upcoming fiscal year.
7. Office Hours: The Music/Worship Minister will devote a minimum of 16 hours in the Church office.
8. Personal Growth: Continue to grow and develop with a teachable spirit through attending conferences, seminars, classes, or through personal study. Keeps abreast of music trends and resources in order to lead the multicultural worships in diverse styles of praise and worship.
9. Reports: Prepare reports for the church Council meetings and Business Meetings to keep the Church fully informed concerning the Music Ministry.
1. Lead the congregations to praise God through singing.
2. Plan worship and choir music aligned with sermon themes, Church calendar, and special events.
3. Select music to provide spiritual enrichment in Sunday Worship services and help to coordinated the flow of the service
4. Serve as a leader in the worship services, giving direction to congregational singing, the choir, and other parts of worship.
5. Prepare people spiritually to worship with the proper attitude.
6. Assist individuals to develop a personal relationship with Jesus, leading to an experiential knowledge of God and helping them grow spiritually.
7. Seek out candidates from the congregation and encourage them to participate and grow in the Music Ministry (e.g. Music Committee, choirs, worship teams, orchestra, and musicians).
8. Mentor those already involved in the Music Ministry to help them develop their musical and leadership talents.
9. Provide and plan for special music opportunities such as solo pieces and ensemble pieces.
10. Communicate details and weekly expectations for the choir, worship leaders, musicians, Audio-Visual team, and Ushers.
11. Communicate on a weekly basis with the Administrative Assistant as it relates to worship music in the Sunday bulletin
12. Schedule and oversee instrumentalists; coordinates weekly schedule.
13. Create, find and organize music scores for musicians on a weekly basis.
14. Manage and schedule the maintenance of musical instruments and equipment.
Responsibilities to the Choir
1. Direct and train a choir made up of singers who are at various levels of musical ability and experience to sing twice or more monthly in Bilingual Worship Service.
2. Organize the Church Choir; prepare for and conduct weekly rehearsals.
3. Organize and present the annual Christmas Program Celebration.
4. Conduct the Christmas Adult Choir; prepare the Christmas Youth Choir and the Christmas Children Choir.
5. Teach and train the choir members in developing musical knowledge and singing skill.
6. Identify and promote educational opportunities and workshops for the Church Choir and music teams.
If you are interested in serving with us please submit your resume and testimony to email@example.com.