Job OPPORTUNITY - SENIOR PASTOR POSITION
senior Pastor - 主任牧師聘牧
Chinese Baptist Church of Central Orange County
12012 Yale Court, Irvine, CA 92620 714-669-1700
Under the leadership of and submission to the Holy Spirit, the Senior Pastor is responsible for providing spiritual and administrative leadership for the Church by using his skills in proclamation of the gospel and pastoral care in meeting the needs of people in this Church and its community. He is “to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ. (Ephesians 4:12）
The Senior Pastor is accountable to the Deacon Body and the members of CBCCOC. The Deacon Body will evaluate the performance of and provide feedback to the Senior Pastor annually or periodically as needed. The Senior Pastor respects the decision-making process set up by the Church, and willingly submits to the final decisions made by the members at the Business meetings.
A. Shall demonstrate the biblical principles as described in I Tim 3:1-7 & Titus 1:7-9.
B. Shall be a Biblically-based, spirit-filled Christian, ascribing to the vision and values of Chinese Baptist Church of Central Orange County. Theological position is consistent with the doctrinal statement of CBCCOC and “The Baptist Faith and Message” of the Southern Baptist Convention.
C. Shall have completed seminary training with a Master of Divinity Degree (M. Div.) at an accredited seminary. A Doctor of Ministry Degree (D. Min.) or equivalent (e.g., a Doctoral degree in Missiology or Theology) will be desirable.
D. Shall be an ordained pastor and have at least five years of recent experience working in pastoral role in a Chinese church in North America. 10 years or more of such experience will be preferred.
E. Should maintain healthy family relationships. His spouse and/or children should be supportive of the pastor’s ministry.
F. Shall be able to work within a multi-language, multi-cultural, and multi-congregational environment. Experience with and understanding of Chinese culture is required. Is able to provide pastoral counseling or to direct to more qualified counselors.
G. Must be proficient in English; Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is preferred.
H. Must possess good interpersonal, communication, and administrative skills.
I. Must be a US citizen or permanent residence, OR Canadian citizen who is able to legally reside and work in the USA.
Nurture the congregation through regular preaching and teaching God’s word. Directly administer or by delegated oversight, equip and assist the Pastoral Staff in developing, planning, conducting, organizing, evolving, and evaluating all areas of ministries at CBCCOC. Be sensitive to the good of the whole church.
1. Ministry Vision/Strategy:Develop and implement ministry vision and strategy. Work with the Pastoral Staff to set vision and goals for the whole Church.
2. Curriculum:Work with Sunday School Director, Training Director and Fellowship Leaders to obtain, develop, or review all curricula used in this Church, particularly in the areas of Bible teaching, worship, discipleship, service, fellowship, and personal evangelism.
3. Leadership Development:Equip, develop, train, and empower Church leadership (e.g. Fellowship Leaders) in various Church ministries.
4. Supervision:Supervise Pastoral and Church Staff. Conduct yearly staff performance review. Develop and coach staff member in areas of improvement and take appropriate disciplinary actions when necessary. Promote harmony and unity among the Staff.
5. Staffing:Work closely with the Deacon Body and Personnel Committee to recruit, train, coordinate, and oversee the process of staff-hiring and building up of the workers and to resolve any conflicts.
6. Meetings:Preside over the weekly pastoral staff meetings and monthly Business meetings. Lead or assign other pastors to lead the weekly prayer meetings, Church Council meetings, and Fellowship Leaders meetings. Meet with each pastoral staff members to discuss any ministry-related issues.
7. Pastoral Care:Visit with families and friends within the Congregation, especially in times of crises, evangelistic opportunities, or to follow up with new visitors. Provide pastoral care to designated individuals and families (Deacon Family List).
8. Budget:Appoint the Ad Hoc Budget Committee annually. By participating in the Church’s budget planning process and working with the Church Treasurer, prepare and recommend the Church Budget for current and upcoming years.
9. Representation:Is the Principal Representative of the Church in all external communications and interactions.
10. Office Hours:Devote a minimum of 24 hours per week in the Church office.
11. Personal Growth:
Continue to grow and develop with a teachable spirit through attending conferences, seminars, classes, or through personal study. Keep abreast of ministry trends and resources in order to care for the whole Congregation.
1. Assist brothers and sisters to develop a personal relationship with Jesus, leading to spiritual maturity (Ephesians 4:11-13).
2. Teach the whole counsel of God so that our people will develop a solid Biblical foundation and worldview, with the goal of firmly grounding them in the truth so that they will live to glorify the Lord. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
3. Develop strategy to assist our people in living their lives aligned with the four steps of our CBCCOC Discipleship Process, i.e. Connect/Grow/Serve/ Go.
4. Assist our people to discover their gifting and place within the Church, and give opportunities for them to practice and begin to discover their calling to serve within the larger Church body.
5. Plan and provide leadership in observance of the two Church ordinances, i.e. Baptism and Lord’s Supper.
6. With the help of his pastoral team and the deacons, demonstrate his calling to shepherd and know the whole church. Be a visible support to our people whenever possible and also support them in prayer.
7. Form lasting appropriate relationships with brothers and sisters.
8. Work closely with and care for the Deacon Body and Pastoral Staff so that their joy of serving would increase.
For more information please contact : email@example.com